Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Splurge

Theres a few things in this world that I justify splurging on:

Eating out (99.9% of my splurge expenses)
Books/Music

So with Michael Ruhlmans upcoming trip the the CIA to promote the release of his new book I thought it only fair that I go and get a copy before he actually arrives and I ask him to sign a pair of chef whites because I slacked and hadnt purchased it yet.

and of course when it comes to splurging you dont just get one thing...oh no no no, you have to go and get MULTIPLES!! (Its called splurging for a reason folks.)

So after listening to Bob Del Grosso rant and rave about sausage and being teased with visions of pancetta and sausage and wanting the book for awhile I also picked up Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing.

And why stop there? oh no no no, we have to get more!

Ive been hearing alot of good things about Service Included by Phoebe Damrosc, so I figured Im going to need another juicy-ugly side of the culinary world-laugh out loud book after Im done with Devil in the Kitchen so I grabbed that as well.

And what kind of supporter would I be if I didnt also get a copy ofThe Herbalist in the Kitchen (The Food Series) by Gary Allen, unfortantly that one will have to be shipped at a later date, but its on the list Gary.. I promise.

So all in all Im going to have some serious reading ahead of me, now if I can just find time to do all of it.

2 comments:

Tyrone said...

I'm just glad you didn't buy the one thats in the mail...Merry Christmas, again.

The Foodist said...

Good Deal!!

Which reminds me I have one here for you thats all packed and ready to go, just havent made it to the post office yet!