Monday, April 16, 2007

Sad

Not food related but hits close to home.

Shooting at VA Tech

For more on this from someone whos a little closer to it then me check out:

The O's Blog

My first thoughts were of Drew and his wife Ina. When I heard they were ok my thoughts turned to the familys of those killed.

My heart goes out to them.

*edit*
As more information comes out about this horrible event the worse it gets.

Many of the dead appear to be professors or teachers at the school, many of which are experts in thier field.

One moment of rage takes from the world many great minds. The whole thing is turning out to be a giant mess. Response time from the school could have saved countless lives, but amid the confussion its impossible to say it would have done any good to lock the school down.

Classes were in session and it looks to me this was planned. A few shots at the dorms then run over to the main building while theyre trying to figure out what happened at the dorms.

All in all a very tragic event. Many bright futures and great minds snuffed out in a single moment of rage.

Again, my heart goes out to the familys of those killed and I hope the wounded recover swiftly.

2 comments:

The O said...

Thanks for thinking about us, man. A crazy day indeed. I had to turn off the TV as it was too depressing and stressful to see the body count keep rising. It still boggles me there are shitheads out there capable of this type of act.

Anonymous said...

Not quite how it exactly happened, as there were at least 2 hours between the two shootings on different parts of the campus. If he'd run from one to the other they'd have been much closer together.

Unfortunately everyone is taking this as an opportunity to blame lots of people for not acting faster, I don't think it's so much an issue of that as how big and safe the campus seemed to everyone.